[Hallicrafters] SX-17 with original manual for sale

Roger Shultz nj2r at verizon.net
Fri Feb 3 18:53:15 EST 2012

FS is a partially working SX-17 with original manual. The cabinet is decent
except for some light rust on the top rear, the front panel nice, all knobs
are included and good.

By partially working I mean I can hear BC stations by connecting to the grid
of the mixer. The RF stages appear to be dead though I have no spare 6K7
tubes to substitute, the tube checker suggest they are close to dead, but
the voltages look OK. The audio gain is on full and does not presently vary
so there are problems there. It has new electrolytics.

There are other issues with this radio to get it working properly but
because I've run out of patience I'm offering it for $100 with pickup in
Northern NJ or I will deliver it within 50 miles or so. I will also ship it
for actual shipping expense plus any packing I need to double box and make
sure it will not get damaged in transit.

I have a couple pictures I will share with serious parties at
nj2r at verizon.net

Please let me know if interested, thanks.

73, Roger, NJ2R