[Hallicrafters] S-53 front end align ...

jew123 at juno.com jew123 at juno.com
Mon Feb 13 23:50:12 EST 2012

Greetings everyone.

I have just boughta Hallicrafters S-53.  I have recapped, got another set of tubes (NOS) and downloaded the Sams.

I want to touch up the front-end alignment but I have no signal generator.  I am wondering if I could use the oscillator signal from my SX-99 by feeding a signal from the oscillator tuning capacitor.  I do not remember if the oscillator is 455kc above or below the desired frequency.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Jim Winkler
Prairie Grove, AR