[Hallicrafters] DD-1 Receiver Audio Amp

Richard Knoppow 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 22 19:42:07 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick" <ricknastiricknasti at gmail.com>
To: <Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net>; <RodPerala at aol.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:45 PM
Subject: [Hallicrafters] DD-1 Receiver Audio Amp

> Hallicrafters made a HiFi amplifier for a while. Can you
> direct me to some pictures of the DD-1 amp?
> I think I recall some relationship between the two, but
> I'm usually wrong when it comes to issues of memory.
>
> I do know that the Hallicrafters HiFi amp was manufactured
> by Radio Craftsman. I have a spare Radio Craftsman amp.
> It's kind of a long shot, but it might be a source of the
> parts you need.
>
> I'll be able to speak with some accuracy once I've seen
> pictures of the DD-1 amp.
> 73,
> Rick

     There was a fairly popular brand of hi-fi gear called
Craftsman, perhaps what you are thinking of. I have a
Craftsman tuner and 10W amplifier stored away somewhere.
Craftsman had better specs than the Hallicrafters stuff.
     I wonder how much difference there was between the amp
in the DD-1 and those in other higher end Hallicrafers
receivers. Perhaps parts from something else would fit and
be sufficiently authentic.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles