[Hallicrafters] My Hallicrafters SX-28 is 70 years old today

KB9GKC at aol.com KB9GKC at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 18:14:30 EST 2012

Hello Larry,

I used to live in Oxnard CA near Ventura!

My serial number on the SX-28 told the tale.  I found known serial  numbers
and manufacturing dates that were very close to my serial number (within  a
week or two) and looked at manufacturing number totals and how many days a
week they were building SX-28's, looked at the calendar for 1942 so I would
not  count Sundays and did some math and came out with a solid date by
going from  higher serial numbered radios and lower serial numbered radios and
came up with  the same date.

I am a Corvette guy and we like to know build dates of our cars so the
build date of my favorite radio seemed like something I should know.

Hope this motivates others to find build dates of their favorite  radios,

Douglas aka KB9GKC

In a message dated 2/24/2012 4:51:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,