From gharmon at idworld.net Tue Jun 6 19:15:23 2017 From: gharmon at idworld.net (Gary H. Harmon, Jr.) Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 18:15:23 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] SX-99 Question Message-ID: My friend Ron is restoring a SX-99 that has Mark 1C printed on the chassis. I didn't see any reference to this code in the manual except for a comment in the parts list relative to possible front panel and/or frequency dial differences. Does anyone know the differences? 73, Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK - HAM Radio and ATARI Archaeologist 6003 Archwood San Antonio, TX 78239-1504 (210) 657-1549 (210) 884-6926 (210) 657-1549 gharmon at idworld.net "Retirement = Every day is a Saturday except Sunday" http://www.grissomroadcoc.org From pincon at erols.com Tue Jun 6 20:05:37 2017 From: pincon at erols.com (Charlie T, K3ICH) Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 20:05:37 -0400 Subject: [Hallicrafters] SX-99 Question In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <00af01d2df21$cd9ed8e0$68dc8aa0$@erols.com> Aluminum (later) dials vs. plastic ( early). The plastic dials are back lighted and screened in reverse so the lettering shows as white on black. The aluminum dials have the dial light above the dial which illuminates the face of the dial. 73, Charlie k3ICH -----Original Message----- From: hallicrafters-bounces at mailman.qth.net [mailto:hallicrafters-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary H. Harmon, Jr. Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 7:15 PM To: hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net Subject: [Hallicrafters] SX-99 Question My friend Ron is restoring a SX-99 that has Mark 1C printed on the chassis. I didn't see any reference to this code in the manual except for a comment in the parts list relative to possible front panel and/or frequency dial differences. Does anyone know the differences? 73, Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK - HAM Radio and ATARI Archaeologist 6003 Archwood San Antonio, TX 78239-1504 (210) 657-1549 (210) 884-6926 (210) 657-1549 gharmon at idworld.net "Retirement = Every day is a Saturday except Sunday" http://www.grissomroadcoc.org ______________________________________________________________ Hallicrafters mailing list Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html From L at w0vt.us Fri Jun 9 01:02:52 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 00:02:52 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] S-38B Clear Plastic Dial Window Message-ID: I just acquired a really nice looking Hallicrafters S-38B. It need a replacement for it's missing clear dial glass. (Its a one piece vacuum formed clear plastic sheet which covers both half moons.) I know there was someone selling them as I bought a couple some time ago. I did a search and can't find anyone selling them today. Anyone know of a supplier of these clear plastic dials? It is held inside the cabinet with tape. I think it is used on the A, B, and C model. Not sure about it's use on the first S-38 model. I thought Radio Daze would have them listed but nothing found on their web site. Lee, w0vt Lee at w0vt.us From jeff at podengo.com Sun Jun 11 10:03:15 2017 From: jeff at podengo.com (Jeff) Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:03:15 -0400 Subject: [Hallicrafters] SX-122 IF Alignment Message-ID: <96286512-ca83-8b5e-3d38-b1693064994f@podengo.com> Hi All - Happy new owner of an SX-122. It's in reasonably good shape and reconditioning nicely. It has silver mica disease, so today's project will be drilling out the mica caps and replacing them with discrete components... I have a question about the low IF alignment though, so hoping that there might be someone out there with memory or practical experience. The manual states that the low IF is 50 Kc. When I set the generator there (URM-25D), I can get a peak on the VTVM on each of the transformers. My question is this though: All of the other Hallicrafters gear I've reconditioned (SX-101,SX-101A, SX-117, SX-100) that uses that low IF frequency has not been exactly at 50 KC (50.75, 50.5, etc). I'm using the BAMA manual to do the alignment, but it just seemed strange to me. The receiver seems sensitive, but not as hot as the SX-101, and certainly not as the SX-117. Can anyone share any alignment tips for the SX-122? I know I'm going to have to do this all over again when I remove the mica sheets from the high IF cans. Thanks! Jeff WB3JIH From L at w0vt.us Tue Jun 13 00:23:34 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:23:34 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] S-38B Clear Plastic Dial Window In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Got a couple S-38 dial covers today from Dialcover.com. They look great! PERFECT with not a scratch or discoloration in them. These new covers will look great in a couple of my S-38B and C receivers. The old ones are held in place with tape. I think I'll use some aluminum furnace tape to hold the new ones in place. That tape holds things down like Kryptonite. Thanks, Mike. Lee, w0vt On 6/9/2017 8:21 AM, Pagel, Mike wrote: > Lee, try http://www.dialcover.com/ > > 73, de Mike, K9UW > Amherst, WI > > On Jun 9, 2017, at 12:08 AM, Lee > wrote: > > I just acquired a really nice looking Hallicrafters S-38B. It need a replacement for it's missing clear dial glass. (Its a one piece vacuum formed clear plastic sheet which covers both half moons.) > From L at w0vt.us Tue Jun 13 00:47:42 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:47:42 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] SX-146 Receiver, HT-46 Transmitter, and S-38B Restoration In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: I just acquired a Hallicrafters SX-146 receiver and a Hallicrafters HT-46 transmitter to restore. I'm really excited about doing it. So far I've just been looking at them and kind of assessing what all needs to be done. So far I've checked the tubes and all are in excellent shape. I've acquired manuals for both as well. I plan to install new can electrolytics as well as all the other electrolytics and out of tolerance resistors. (Someone had removed the two 90uF can caps and installed axials in their place. They have to go!) The transmitter is a one lung transmitter using a 6HF5 sweep tube and the box only operates on the normal sideband between 80 and 10 meters. It also does not contain a relay to switch the antenna between receiver and transmitter. (But, I have a few electronic TR switches to handle that problem.) The transmitter and receiver boxes are small and I think good looking with their slide rule dials. I never thought I'd be interested in this series, but I'm hooked now. Just something about them caught my eye. I'll have to repaint the cabinets someday, but that will come last after all the electronics are up to par and running again after being aligned. This series is of a fairly simple design so hopefully they will not be too hard to restore. The transmitter is missing the accessory VOX unit, a three tube affair, so I was thinking of installing a solid state VOX unit available on Ebay from Rainbow Kits. It's an IC, transistor, and small relay affair, inexpensive and called a VOX-1 Voice Activated Switch. I'd put it in a small box attached to the rear panel with DELAY and GAIN pots mounted on the VOX box. It can run off of 5 volts, so I thought I would rectify the 6.3 volt filament and feed a 5 volt regulator which would power the VOX unit. Sure wish the receiver had the CW and AM filters. They are not in the radio. I think the IF is 9 Mhz but I'd have to make sure I am correct here. If so, maybe I could find some 9Mhz filters for some other equipment to put in my radio. Anyway, I'm excited about my newly acquired Hallicrafters twins plus my S-38B restoration projects. Lee, w0vt From L at w0vt.us Wed Jun 14 21:30:21 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:30:21 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] Hallicrafters SX-146 Reciever CW filter In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: I am going to totally restore my SX-146 receiver. It has no accessory filters. (CW and AM) The IF is 9 Mhz. Could I use an Icom FL-100 crystal filter in my SX-146? The Icom filter does have a 9Mhz center frequency but it was made for solid state radios. I'm worried about comparability. Same goes for load impedance on both sides of the filter. I'm no expert on this subject. Anyone on here with any knowledge on the subject? Lee, w0vt From L at w0vt.us Wed Jun 14 22:50:45 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:50:45 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] Hallicrafters SX-146 Reciever CW filter In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Could I wind a toroidal transformer to change the impedance on the input and output of an Icom low impedance filter to match the in and out impedance of the SX-146? I suspect so, but then I don't know the impedance of the radio or Icom filter. Anyone knowing ball park starting turns ratio on doing this? Lee, w0vt On 6/14/2017 8:30 PM, Lee wrote: > I am going to totally restore my SX-146 receiver. It has no accessory > filters. (CW and AM) The IF is 9 Mhz. Could I use an Icom FL-100 > crystal filter in my SX-146? The Icom filter does have a 9Mhz center > frequency but it was made for solid state radios. I'm worried about > comparability. Same goes for load impedance on both sides of the > filter. I'm no expert on this subject. Anyone on here with any > knowledge on the subject? > Lee, w0vt From zengmeiste at aol.com Sat Jun 17 13:50:34 2017 From: zengmeiste at aol.com (Jammer) Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 13:50:34 -0400 Subject: [Hallicrafters] sx-62a restoration & alignment need In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <15cb72d8974-2ab6-19fcb@webprd-a13.mail.aol.com> All those YouTube videos are great, but I don't seem to have the tools or dexterity (read: aging eyes & etc.) to safely perform restoration on an SX-62a that hasn't been touched in who-knows-how-long. So, I'm looking for a local (Chicago, Illinois) ham who enjoys tackling 60+ pound Hallicrafters, and perhaps an S-40 as well (birthday was last month and my SO bought me something she thought I needed.. and in fact -did- need; she's a peach. but I'd really like to treat myself, grin). Please RSVP either on- or off-list; special rates for retired folks would be just loverly. Thanks in advance, 73 de KC9KEL Terry Bakowski, on-air someday soon I hope From 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com Sat Jun 17 14:17:22 2017 From: 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com (Richard Knoppow) Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 11:17:22 -0700 Subject: [Hallicrafters] S-38B Clear Plastic Dial Window In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <5caa559f-4ead-6cbc-fffa-3daf9450bdaa@ix.netcom.com> Its been too long to remember clearly but I think the window in my S-38B was held in by sort of rivets in the corners. I also can't remember if it was flat all over or had raised sections to fit the dial windows in the cabinet. If flat there is suitable plastic sheet available at hobby shops and art supply stores. If it was shaped I don't know how to go about duplicating it. I think the same window was probably used on all of the S-38's until the D and in some other Hallicrafters rigs which used similar cabinets. On 6/8/2017 10:02 PM, Lee wrote: > I just acquired a really nice looking Hallicrafters S-38B. It need a > replacement for it's missing clear dial glass. (Its a one piece vacuum > formed clear plastic sheet which covers both half moons.) > > I know there was someone selling them as I bought a couple some time > ago. I did a search and can't find anyone selling them today. > > Anyone know of a supplier of these clear plastic dials? It is held > inside the cabinet with tape. I think it is used on the A, B, and C > model. Not sure about it's use on the first S-38 model. > > I thought Radio Daze would have them listed but nothing found on their > web site. > Lee, w0vt > Lee at w0vt.us > > ______________________________________________________________ > Hallicrafters mailing list > Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters > Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm > Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net > > List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF > ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** > > > This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net > Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html > -- Richard Knoppow 1oldlens1 at ix.netcom.com WB6KBL From L at w0vt.us Sat Jun 17 14:27:29 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 13:27:29 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] sx-62a restoration & alignment need In-Reply-To: <15cb72d8974-2ab6-19fcb@webprd-a13.mail.aol.com> References: <15cb72d8974-2ab6-19fcb@webprd-a13.mail.aol.com> Message-ID: Well lets see, If you had someone totally restore the electronics on just the SX-62A, he could could easily put in up to 100 hours replacing tubes, cleaning, lubricating, changing out out of spec resistors and replacing all the electrolytic caps and paper caps. Plus do an alignment with equipment he had to buy. The guy also had to have plenty of expertise. This is assuming there are no other hidden problems with the radio. In most cases there will be additional problems to work out. Parts will probably cost around $100 assuming they are just the normal replacement parts. At minimum wage, say at $8.00 an hour, the bill would be $800 labor plus $100 parts for a total of $900. But for his expertise and equipment investment he should be justified in charging $60 per hour, so the total bill would be $6100. My point here is, old boat anchor equipment needs to be refurbished by the owner or you need to be a multimillionaire to pay for someone else to do it. Most cannot afford to pay someone even minimum wage to work on ones equipment let alone normal electronic repair charges per hour. I'm talking about really restoring the electronics. It would be highly unusual to find anyone interested in doing a good restoration job on someone else's equipment for the above reason. It is just too much work to make 50 cents an hour. To do a good proper restoration, you are talking about some major time. Restorations are not 2 or 3 hour jobs. Those are the cold hard facts of life. One cannot buy a radio to refurbish, do a good job doing it, and then be able to sell it for time, labor and original purchase price. The final price would be just too high to find a purchaser. I don't know anyone enjoying to do this kind of work for 50 cents an hour let alone minimum wage. I'm 79, and when a restoration is needed around here, I have to look in the mirror for a person to do the work or it ain't gonna happen. Not trying to be mean spirited but just trying to lay out the reality of this type request. Lee, w0vt On 6/17/2017 12:50 PM, Jammer via Hallicrafters wrote: > All those YouTube videos are great, but I don't seem to have the > tools or dexterity (read: aging eyes & etc.) to safely perform restoration > on an SX-62a that hasn't been touched in who-knows-how-long. > > So, I'm looking for a local (Chicago, Illinois) ham who enjoys tackling > 60+ pound Hallicrafters, and perhaps an S-40 as well (birthday was last > month and my SO bought me something she thought I needed.. and in > fact -did- need; she's a peach. but I'd really like to treat myself, grin). > > Please RSVP either on- or off-list; special rates for retired folks would > be just loverly. > > Thanks in advance, > > 73 de KC9KEL Terry Bakowski, on-air someday soon I hope > ______________________________________________________________ > Hallicrafters mailing list > Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters > Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm > Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net > > List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF > ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** > > > This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net > Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html From L at w0vt.us Sat Jun 17 15:03:10 2017 From: L at w0vt.us (Lee) Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 14:03:10 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] sx-62a restoration & alignment need In-Reply-To: References: <15cb72d8974-2ab6-19fcb@webprd-a13.mail.aol.com> Message-ID: Not to long ago I restored a nice looking Hallicrafters S-38C receiver. This is about the simplest receiver one could restore. I wound up having to replace tubes, clean, lubricate, align, replace all the electrolytic caps and ALL THE RESISTORS! Every resistor was out of tolerance. I probably replaced 75 parts in the radio. Getting to some of them was tedious. I suspect I put in 50 to 60 hours doing all this. (I did what the radio needed for a GOOD restoration.) This did not include the time it took to order the required parts or the $20 replacement cost for the new dial cover. Parts probably cost me around $30. So what do I now have? I have a great radio that works as new. I have in it: $75 for the nice looking carcass, $50 worth of parts, and 60 hours of time x minimum wage of $8 per hour. Total investment without figuring time for ordering parts or equipment investment costs equal $605. Who in his right mind would pay $605 for a S-38C and who in his right mind would do 60 hours of work to maybe be able to charge $25 for his labor? Unless your clientele has extremely deep pockets, you can't refurbish boat anchors for a living. Nobody would pay you a decent wage. The most you could do running a business is put in a couple hours of work and most likely this would not be enough to make it play as new again if at all. Lee, w0vt On 6/17/2017 1:27 PM, Lee wrote: > Well lets see, If you had someone totally restore the electronics on > just the SX-62A, he could could easily put in up to 100 hours > replacing tubes, cleaning, lubricating, changing out out of spec > resistors and replacing all the electrolytic caps and paper caps. Plus > do an alignment with equipment he had to buy. The guy also had to > have plenty of expertise. This is assuming there are no other hidden > problems with the radio. In most cases there will be additional > problems to work out. Parts will probably cost around $100 assuming > they are just the normal replacement parts. At minimum wage, say at > $8.00 an hour, the bill would be $800 labor plus $100 parts for a > total of $900. But for his expertise and equipment investment he > should be justified in charging $60 per hour, so the total bill would > be $6100. > > My point here is, old boat anchor equipment needs to be refurbished by > the owner or you need to be a multimillionaire to pay for someone else > to do it. Most cannot afford to pay someone even minimum wage to work > on ones equipment let alone normal electronic repair charges per > hour. I'm talking about really restoring the electronics. It would > be highly unusual to find anyone interested in doing a good > restoration job on someone else's equipment for the above reason. It > is just too much work to make 50 cents an hour. To do a good proper > restoration, you are talking about some major time. Restorations are > not 2 or 3 hour jobs. Those are the cold hard facts of life. One > cannot buy a radio to refurbish, do a good job doing it, and then be > able to sell it for time, labor and original purchase price. The > final price would be just too high to find a purchaser. I don't know > anyone enjoying to do this kind of work for 50 cents an hour let alone > minimum wage. I'm 79, and when a restoration is needed around here, I > have to look in the mirror for a person to do the work or it ain't > gonna happen. Not trying to be mean spirited but just trying to lay > out the reality of this type request. > > Lee, w0vt > > > On 6/17/2017 12:50 PM, Jammer via Hallicrafters wrote: >> All those YouTube videos are great, but I don't seem to have the >> tools or dexterity (read: aging eyes & etc.) to safely perform >> restoration >> on an SX-62a that hasn't been touched in who-knows-how-long. >> >> So, I'm looking for a local (Chicago, Illinois) ham who enjoys >> tackling >> 60+ pound Hallicrafters, and perhaps an S-40 as well (birthday was last >> month and my SO bought me something she thought I needed.. and in >> fact -did- need; she's a peach. but I'd really like to treat myself, >> grin). >> >> Please RSVP either on- or off-list; special rates for retired >> folks would >> be just loverly. >> Thanks in advance, >> >> 73 de KC9KEL Terry Bakowski, on-air someday soon I hope >> ______________________________________________________________ >> Hallicrafters mailing list >> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters >> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm >> Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net >> >> List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF >> ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** >> >> >> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net >> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html > > ______________________________________________________________ > Hallicrafters mailing list > Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters > Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm > Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net > > List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF > ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** > > > This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net > Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html From jeff at podengo.com Sat Jun 17 21:20:45 2017 From: jeff at podengo.com (Jeff) Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:20:45 -0400 Subject: [Hallicrafters] sx-62a restoration & alignment need In-Reply-To: References: <15cb72d8974-2ab6-19fcb@webprd-a13.mail.aol.com> Message-ID: <25367c04-1753-c6ef-5a43-cc445edfbc23@podengo.com> You're absolutely right - you will never make a living at it. But doing something you love and sharing it with others will make that living a lot more worthwhile. I will never recoup the investment I've made in my workbench and my boat anchors. And that's OK. It makes me happy to sit here in my shack and look at my projects. Sure, they have caps mounted under the chassis, use "inauthentic metal film resistors", or aren't "museum restorations." I'm not going to win any CCA awards or have one of my radios in the Smithsonian (I wouldn't touch a Collins rig anyways), but my stuff just works. I suspect the OP is looking at that SX-62A and thinking about where he was and what he was doing when he first saw that rig. I hope there's someone in Chicagoland that can help him recapture that memory. Sometimes it's more than just about money. 73 Jeff WB3JIH On 6/17/2017 3:03 PM, Lee wrote: > Not to long ago I restored a nice looking Hallicrafters S-38C > receiver. This is about the simplest receiver one could restore. I > wound up having to replace tubes, clean, lubricate, align, replace all > the electrolytic caps and ALL THE RESISTORS! Every resistor was out > of tolerance. I probably replaced 75 parts in the radio. Getting to > some of them was tedious. I suspect I put in 50 to 60 hours doing all > this. (I did what the radio needed for a GOOD restoration.) This did > not include the time it took to order the required parts or the $20 > replacement cost for the new dial cover. Parts probably cost me > around $30. So what do I now have? I have a great radio that works > as new. I have in it: $75 for the nice looking carcass, $50 worth > of parts, and 60 hours of time x minimum wage of $8 per hour. Total > investment without figuring time for ordering parts or equipment > investment costs equal $605. Who in his right mind would pay $605 for > a S-38C and who in his right mind would do 60 hours of work to maybe > be able to charge $25 for his labor? Unless your clientele has > extremely deep pockets, you can't refurbish boat anchors for a living. > Nobody would pay you a decent wage. The most you could do running a > business is put in a couple hours of work and most likely this would > not be enough to make it play as new again if at all. > > Lee, w0vt > > > On 6/17/2017 1:27 PM, Lee wrote: >> Well lets see, If you had someone totally restore the electronics on >> just the SX-62A, he could could easily put in up to 100 hours >> replacing tubes, cleaning, lubricating, changing out out of spec >> resistors and replacing all the electrolytic caps and paper caps. >> Plus do an alignment with equipment he had to buy. The guy also had >> to have plenty of expertise. This is assuming there are no other >> hidden problems with the radio. In most cases there will be >> additional problems to work out. Parts will probably cost around >> $100 assuming they are just the normal replacement parts. At minimum >> wage, say at $8.00 an hour, the bill would be $800 labor plus $100 >> parts for a total of $900. But for his expertise and equipment >> investment he should be justified in charging $60 per hour, so the >> total bill would be $6100. >> >> My point here is, old boat anchor equipment needs to be refurbished >> by the owner or you need to be a multimillionaire to pay for someone >> else to do it. Most cannot afford to pay someone even minimum wage >> to work on ones equipment let alone normal electronic repair charges >> per hour. I'm talking about really restoring the electronics. It >> would be highly unusual to find anyone interested in doing a good >> restoration job on someone else's equipment for the above reason. It >> is just too much work to make 50 cents an hour. To do a good proper >> restoration, you are talking about some major time. Restorations are >> not 2 or 3 hour jobs. Those are the cold hard facts of life. One >> cannot buy a radio to refurbish, do a good job doing it, and then be >> able to sell it for time, labor and original purchase price. The >> final price would be just too high to find a purchaser. I don't know >> anyone enjoying to do this kind of work for 50 cents an hour let >> alone minimum wage. I'm 79, and when a restoration is needed around >> here, I have to look in the mirror for a person to do the work or it >> ain't gonna happen. Not trying to be mean spirited but just trying >> to lay out the reality of this type request. >> >> Lee, w0vt >> >> >> On 6/17/2017 12:50 PM, Jammer via Hallicrafters wrote: >>> All those YouTube videos are great, but I don't seem to have the >>> tools or dexterity (read: aging eyes & etc.) to safely perform >>> restoration >>> on an SX-62a that hasn't been touched in who-knows-how-long. >>> >>> So, I'm looking for a local (Chicago, Illinois) ham who enjoys >>> tackling >>> 60+ pound Hallicrafters, and perhaps an S-40 as well (birthday was last >>> month and my SO bought me something she thought I needed.. and in >>> fact -did- need; she's a peach. but I'd really like to treat myself, >>> grin). >>> >>> Please RSVP either on- or off-list; special rates for retired >>> folks would >>> be just loverly. >>> Thanks in advance, >>> >>> 73 de KC9KEL Terry Bakowski, on-air someday soon I hope >>> ______________________________________________________________ >>> Hallicrafters mailing list >>> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters >>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm >>> Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net >>> >>> List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF >>> ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** >>> >>> >>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net >>> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html >> >> ______________________________________________________________ >> Hallicrafters mailing list >> Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters >> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm >> Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net >> >> List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF >> ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** >> >> >> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net >> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html > > ______________________________________________________________ > Hallicrafters mailing list > Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters > Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm > Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net > > List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF > ** For Assistance: dfischer at usol.com ** > > > This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net > Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html From gharmon at idworld.net Fri Jun 30 09:28:45 2017 From: gharmon at idworld.net (Gary H. Harmon, Jr.) Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 08:28:45 -0500 Subject: [Hallicrafters] Hallicrafters HT-41 Value Message-ID: Looking for a value on my amp. Looks good, two extra final tubes but untested. Appreciate your thoughts. 73, Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK - HAM Radio and ATARI Archaeologist 6003 Archwood San Antonio, TX 78239-1504 (210) 657-1549 (210) 884-6926 (210) 657-1549 gharmon at idworld.net "Retirement = Every day is a Saturday except Sunday" http://www.grissomroadcoc.org

This page last updated 24 Nov 2017.